15 Sober Celebrities – Meet The Celebs Seeking Sobriety
Celebrities... Salt of the earth! Just. Like. Us.
Many celebrities (just like us) are now ditching the booze, seeking sobriety and opening up the conversation around alcohol moderation and mindful drinking.
In a world filled with private jets and free champagne it's hard to believe celebrities could ever face the same struggles as us mere mortals – but alas for anyone who knows, a hangover is the great leveller.
Here we take a look at 15 Sober Celebrities and their reasons for kissing the booze goodbye. Meet The Celebs Seeking Sobriety.
1. Naomi Campbell — “I gave up drinking alcohol... Not drinking makes me a lot happier."
2. John Hamm — “I’ve gotten away with a lot in my life. The older you get, the more you realize you’re not getting away with it, it’s taking its toll somewhere.”
3. Florence Welch — “The new-found thrill of leaving somewhere with all my belongings, having not been felt up by someone inappropriate in a car park, has still not left me.”
4. Bradley Cooper — "I don't drink or do drugs anymore. I realised I wasn't going to live up to my potential, and that scared the hell out of me”.
5. Leoni Lewis — “I don’t drink—I hate the taste of alcohol. When my debut single [Bleeding Love] went to No.1, I celebrated with non-alcoholic champagne”.
6. Calvin Harris — "I stopped drinking because it actually was making me ill. It was affecting my brain in the worst way”.
7. Jamie Lee Curtis — “Getting sober just exploded my life. Now I have a much clearer sense of myself and what I can and can’t do. I am more successful than I have ever been. I feel very positive where I never did before, and I think that’s all a direct result of getting sober.”
8. Andy Murray — "I always wanted to see how far I could go in the sport. I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that."
9. Miley Cyrus — “It’s the best I’ve ever felt. I’m radiating.”
10. Spencer Matthews — “Been sober 7 months now and cannot begin to explain the difference in my life… 2018 for me was a complete game changer and I now feel like the best version of myself.”
11. Anne Hathaway — "I didn’t put (a drink) down because my drinking was a problem; I put it down because the way I drink leads me to have hangovers and those were the problem. My last hangover lasted for five days. When I’m at a stage in my life where there is enough space for me to have a hangover, I’ll start drinking again, but that won’t be until my kid is out of the house.”
12. Ewan McGregor — "I drank too much and it made me really unhappy, so I just thought, ‘I won’t drink and then I can be happy”.
13. Jennifer Lopez — "I think it ruins your skin... of course, during celebratory toasts, everybody's like, 'You can't toast with water!' So I'll toast with alcohol and just take a sip."
14. Fearne Cotton — “I haven’t been drunk for nearly two years... My husband doesn’t drink so it’s not like we’re cracking open bottles of Pinot Grigio at home, we don’t have alcohol in the house.”
15. Jennifer Hudson — "I've never had a drink in my life. I've never been interested. Nobody ever believes it."